Oh my goodness!!! Our new Vitamix has finally arrived! I say finally, because I have quiet literally wanted a Vitamix for about the last three years and today is finally the day! My husband and I could not be more excited for all of the healthy vegan eats we are able to make now!
Moving past the excitement, the purpose of this post is to help anyone who is looking at upgrading to the Vitamix, how to decide which model is best for them. I believe any Vitamix blender, is not just a simple purchase, it’s an investment, and for us, we liked to know all of the information first before we decided on where to spend our money. There are quiet a few models to choose from, and it can definitely be a little overwhelming. It took my husband and I nearly a week to choose which one would be the best fit for us.
So lets start to break it down like this:
There are two main systems to choose from first:
The Smart System
Or The Classic
The most noticeable difference you’ll see right away, is the technology. The smart system is all about the latest and greatest technology with a ton of extra features. With programmable timers and presets, that can even link to your smart phone, and with the Ascent Series A3500 having a self cleaning preset, this is pretty much as “does everything and more” as it gets! While the Classic Series, which works just as well, doesn’t have all the bells and whistles like the smart system has, but with that being said, a lot of the classic models do come with a lower price tag. All models should all include at least a 3-10 year warranty, dependent on the model. Every Vitamix blenders come with a tamper where size may vary due to container size.
Vitamix’s most up to date “Classic” collection contains three models to choose from:
*Of course, there is always more information to look up and research if you really want to get technical, with all of the specs and detail specifics but in the most simplest form here, are the major differences between each of these models:
- The E310 Your most basic classic blender. 2 HP motor. 1.4L container. Manual Power 1-10. On/Off. Comes in Black, Grey or Red.
- The 7500 Comes with a higher power motor at 2.2 HP and bigger 2.0-litre Low-Profile Container. Manual Power 1-10. On/Off. Comes in White, Black or Red.
- The Professional Series 750 Runs a commercial-grade 2.2-peak horsepower motor. 2.0-litre Low-Profile Container. Four pre-sets: 1. Smoothies 2. Hot Soups 3. Frozen Desserts 4. Purées. Comes in Stainless Steel or Grey.
The Classic collection price ranges from about the low $400 range – mid $700 USD. The best way to score a deal here is by purchasing one of their “reconditioned” series, which especially just means it could of had some prior defect physically or cosmetically that needed to be fixed or simply just returned by another customer. But all in all they should be just as good as new, and should come with a 3-5 year warranty to boot!
Vitmaix’s most up to date “Smart” collection contains four models to choose from,
- The A2300 Your most basic smart blender. Built-in wireless connection and digital timer. The more powerful 2.2-peak HP motor. Comes with a 2.0-litre low-profile container. Manual Power 1-10. Comes in Black, Red, Grey, White. *able to fit bigger/smaller container attachements*
- The A2500 Built-in wireless connection and digital timer. The powerful 2.2-peak HP motor. Comes with a 2.0-litre low-profile container. Three pre-sets: 1. Smoothies 2. Hot Soups 3. Frozen Desserts. Manual Power 1-10. Comes in Black, Red, White, Grey. *able to fit bigger/smaller container attachements*
- The A3300 The second level up to the big daddy! Comes with a built-in programmable timer that blends and stop automatically. Touchscreen. 2.2 HP motor. Comes with a 2.0-litre low-profile container. Variable speed control. Built in wifi. Comes in Stainless Steel, Black or Grey. *able to fit bigger/smaller container attachements*
- The A3500 The big daddy! This one comes equipt with all the bells and whistles. It has FIVE presets 1. Smoothies 2. Hot Soups 3. Dips & Spreads 4. Frozen Desserts 5. Self-Cleaning. Touch screen. Variable Speed Control and Pulse. Built in wifi. Programmable timer. You can link this Vitamix to your smart phone through the app where you can pair with over hundreds of recipes to blend at perfect speed and time. Comes in Stainless Steel, Black Stainless Steel, Red, Black, or White. *able to fit bigger/smaller container attachements*
The Smart collection price ranges from about $550 range – high $750 USD. There are also some “recondiontioned” series available here as well. The major difference between these guys is their controls and appearance/color options. The A2300 and A2500 use a manual switch while the A3300 and A3500 use a turn dial and touchscreen.
So which one did we choose?
We went all the way for the Big Daddy A3500 with the additional “Blending Cup Starter Kit” for smoothies on the go! Like, I mentioned at the start, this was something we waited years to invest in. We did our research, and decided for us and our lifestyle to just go all the way! This is an appliance that we will continue to use every day and create healthy vegan plant based recipes for decades to come!
The biggest pros about that made us decide on this model was:
- Powerful and full of convenient technology
- The 10 year full warranty!
- The look and finish of it – I’m a sucker for Stainless Steel!
- Built in WiFi and timer that connects to your smart phone, as we are always experimenting with new recipes online!
- Another awesome feature about the Ascent series is the ability to attach other cups like the one above for smoothies on the go. My husband makes smoothies every morning before he leaves for work and it’s an added bonus to just set it and forget it.
Our next investment will be the “Perfect Blend Smart Scale” which takes all the guess work out of measuring accurately and efficiently for your recipes, which I think is pretty darn handy!
I hope this helped clear up some of the differences on which model would be best for you! In my opinion the Vitamix is an extremely worthy investment, especially those who live on a Plant Based – Vegan diet, like us, because as you know flavor and texture is everything!